Saturday, September 18, 2010

The $9.00 Sideboard

We've been working on the dresser/sideboard for a while now. It has taken quite a lot of work to get it to somewhere where I actually like it. We've sanded it and painted it and then sanded it a bit more. I was hoping to get a distressed look, with white peeking through the grey. Unfortunately when I went to sand the final product instead of white peeking through, there is a weird green tinge wherever I have sanded. It doesn't look too bad from far away or in the not so great lighting of our living room, so we are going to live with it.

Here's what it looked like before:



And here is the finished product:


And in situ:




We will now be able to hang pictures in the room if we can figure out what to put in here. Not bad for a free dresser off of kijiji and an 'oops' can of paint that cost $9.00. I'll take a $9 sideboard anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment