Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh, to feel young again...

Today, was my first day of class at Willowbank. We had a lecture from Dr. Doug McCalla from Guelph University. The lecture was on Upper Canadian history. It was a pretty broad overview, but addressed some of the main contextual history we'll be dealing with when we are assessing historical heritage sites in the Niagara region.
By the end of class my hand was killing me from taking notes for 5 hours but I was very happy overall. I'd almost forgotten how much I like learning and all the tangential thoughts that a class can produce for the rest of my day.
Being back in school has definitely made me feel a lot younger. Maybe it's because when I was a lot younger I was in school, but I like to think that it's because I'm really enjoying myself and am passionate about what I am and will be learning.
Tomorrow we get to start in on Architectural Drawing By Hand. I'm really excited to put my really expensive technical pens to good use! and to begin learning the practical tools for assessing heritage buildings.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment