Tuesday, August 30, 2011

P.S. Potatoes....and the perfect plate

I know I already posted today...but I got home and got down to digging out my potatoes. Last week I pulled out a plant and all that was on it was a tiny little 1/2 inch potato. So let's just say I wasn't holding my breath on my potato crop turning out. Imagine my surprise, when I went to go and dig through the potato bed and came up with a whole big bowl of potatoes. Sooo exciting!!! Look!!!
9
Here they are drying on the table. Not bad for a tiny little 2 x 3' bed of potatoes.  (Sorry the picture is terrible, it's nighttime and I had to take it with a flash.)
Before I took the above photo I boiled up a bunch of them, and tossed them with butter and parsley for a delicious addition to dinner. Check out the perfect plate below!

Perfect plate in my world - everything is from my garden! Steamed carrots, braised collard greens,  fried zucchini and potatoes with parsley! It was not only a healthy and local (as local as you can get) meal, it was delicious too!
I know most people don't get this excited about potatoes, but like I said in my earlier post, I'm strange and this is just another example of why.

No comments:

Post a Comment